Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Friday, December 2, 2011

WISE MEN SAY

Wise men speak because they have something to say,
fools because they have to say something. - Anon

-o-0-o-

JOHN'S GALLERY


Kaaterskill Falls, by Thomas Cole (1801-1848)

-o-0-o-

POETRY FOR PLEASURE

ANSWER TO A CHILD'S QUESTION
Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)

Do you ask what the birds say? The Sparrow, the Dove,
The Linnet and Thrush say, “I love and I love!”
In the winter they’re silent - the wind is so strong;
What it says, I don’t know, but it sings a loud song,
But green leaves and blossoms, and sunny warm weather,
And singing and loving - all come back together.
But the Lark is so brimful of gladness and love,
The green fields below him, the blue sky above,
Then he sings and he sings, and for ever sings he -
“I love my Love, and my Love loves me.”

-o-0-o-

TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

Ben Selvin's Knickerbockers was a popular band in the States.
This is the 1929 number "You were meant for me." Uploaded by warholsoup100.



-o-0-o-

AN 80 PLUS QUOTE

You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old. - George Burns

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments: