Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

WISE MEN SAY . . .

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn’t the work
he is supposed to be doing at that moment. - Robert Benchley

-o-0-o-

JOHN'S GALLERY


Val d'Aosta, by John Brett (1831-1902)

Tomorrow - The Captive's Return, by Henry Ryland

-o-0-o-

POETRY FOR PLEASURE

I'LL BE SEEING YOU
Irving Kahal and Sammy Fain

I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces all day through,

In that small café, the park across the way,

The children's carousel, the chestnut trees, the wishing well.


I'll be seeing you in every lovely summer's day,

In everything that's light and gay,
I'll always think of you that way,

I'll find you in the morning sun

And, when the night is new,

I'll be looking at the moon

But I'll be seeing you.


-o-0-o-

TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

Irving Berlin's "Change Partners" is played here by Carroll Gibbons and the Savoy Orpheans with vocal by Anne Lenner and George Melachrino. Uploaded by SwingBandHeaven



Tomorrow - What more can I ask? by Lew Stone's Band

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-


No comments: