Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Friday, November 25, 2011

from WISE MEN SAY

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- Elie Wiesel

-o-0-o-

from JOHN'S GALLERY



Music, by Antoine-Auguste-Ernest Hebert

-o-0-o-

POETRY FOR PLEASURE

I MEANT TO DO MY WORK TODAY
Richard Le Gallienne (1866-1947)

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand,
So what could I do but laugh and go?

-o-0-o-

TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

Uploaded by CBasie2856, this is one of my all-time favourites
"When somebody thinks you're wonderful" by Fats Waller



-o-0-o-


No comments: