Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WISE MEN SAY

Last words are for fools who haven't said enough. - Karl Marx

-o-0-o-

JOHN'S GALLERY


The Soldier's Return, by John Faed (1819-1902)

-o-0-o-

POETRY FOR PLEASURE

I DREAMED DEATH CAME
Anon

I dreamed death came the other night
And heaven’s gate swung wide,
An angel with a halo bright
Then ushered me inside.

And there to my astonishment
Were folks I’d judged and labelled
As “quite unfit” of “little worth”
And “spiritually disabled.”

Indignant words rose to my lips
But never were set free,
For every face showed stunned surprise -
No one expected me!!!

-o-0-o-

TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

This is one of those cheerful "Keep smiling" songs that were so popular in the 30s -
"Happy days are here again" played by Ambrose and his Orchestra.
Uploaded by JoolyOTR



-o-0-o-

AN 80 PLUS QUOTE

By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it. (George Burns)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-


No comments: