Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WISE MEN SAY

The biggest tragedy in life isn’t people who have failed.
It’s people who haven’t even tried. - David Hempleman-Adams

-o-0-o-

JOHN'S GALLERY

Quiet, by James Jacques-Joseph Tissot (1836-1902)

-o-0-o-

POETRY FOR PLEASURE

MINSTREL MAN
Langston Hughes (1902-1967)

Because my mouth
Is wide with laughter
And my throat
Is deep with song,
You do not think
I suffer after
I have held my pain
So long?

Because my mouth
Is wide with laughter,
You do not hear
My inner cry?
Because my feet
Are gay with dancing,
You do not know
I die?

-
o-0-o-

TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

There are snatches of five songs in this 1937 recording by Maurice Winnick and his Orchestra.
It's time to say goodnight, Let's put out the lights and go to sleep, Goodnight I'll see you in the morning, Goodnight sweetheart, and finally Maurice Winnick's signature tune The sweetest music this side of heaven. Uploaded by phonomono78s



-o-0-o-

AN 80 PLUS QUOTE

Passing your 80th birthday is no great achievement. You just sit still and let it happen.
(Angus McBean)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments: