Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Friday, March 9, 2012

No.195

WISE MEN SAY

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same (Anon)

-o0o-

THROUGH THE CAMERA LENS


POETRY FOR PLEASURE

On a Tired Housewife
Anon

Here lies a poor woman who was always tired,
She lived in a house where help wasn't hired:
Her last words on earth were: “Dear friends, I am going
To where there's no cooking, or washing, or sewing,
For everything there is exact to my wishes,
For where they don't eat there's no washing of dishes.
I'll be where loud anthems will always be ringing,
But having no voice I'll be quit of the singing.
Don't mourn for me now, don't mourn for me never,
I am going to do nothing for ever and ever.”

-o0o-

JOHN’S GALLERY



“The Expectant Wee Things”
an engraving by William Miller after John Faed

-o0o-

This fun video was filmed in Bukit Bintang, Malaysia last July



-o0o-

A QUOTE FOR 80 PLUS

Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young.
(Theodore Roosevelt)

-o0o-

Next post here Monday 12th March

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments: