Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

No.163

WISE MEN SAY

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - The Dalai Lama

-o-0-o-



-o-0-o-

POETRY FOR PLEASURE

THE OLD WOMAN
Joseph Campbell (1881–?)

As a white candle
In a holy place,
So is the beauty
Of an aged face.

As the spent radiance
Of the winter sun,
So is a woman
With her travail done,

Her brood gone from her,
And her thoughts as still
As the waters
Under a ruined mill.

-o-0-o-

JOHN'S GALLERY


Luna, by Charles Edward Hallé (1846-1914)

-o-0-o-

TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

Uploaded by warholsoup100, this 1934 record is "All I do is dream of you" played by Ray Noble and his Orchestra with Al Bowlly doing the vocal.



-o-0-o-

AN 80 PLUS QUOTE

If I’d known I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.
(attributed to both Eubie Blake and Adolph Zukor)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments: