Perhaps I had ambitions to be an MP - or an undertaker!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

from WISE MEN SAY

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~ E. E. Cummings

-o-0-o-

from JOHN'S GALLERY

A Melody, by John William Godward
This is the first in a short series with the theme Music Making

-o-0-o-

from JOHN'S QUIET CORNER

One day a friend called on Michelangelo and found him busy at the final stages of a statue he had been working on.

A week or so later he returned and, finding the sculptor at the same task, said “It appears that you have been idle since I was last here.”

“Indeed, no,” was the answer, “I’ve retouched this part, I’ve polished that part, I’ve softened this feature, I’ve brought out that muscle and I’ve given more expression to the lower lip.”

“But surely all these things are just trifles?” said his friend.

“Perhaps so,” Michelangelo replied, “But trifles make perfection and perfection is no trifle.”

-o-0-o-

from TAKE YOUR PARTNERS

Elmer Grosso and his Orchestra playing "My Sweeter than Sweet" from 1929.
Uploaded by 240252



-o-0-o-

More from my blogs tomorrow

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments: